Viruses can wreak havoc on your computer, and when it happens it can leave you feeling helpless. No matter how effective antivirus software has become there are just so many ways for a computer to become infected. The kids visiting the wrong website, downloading the wrong software file, open an unexpected email attachment, or a friend unwittingly sharing an infected file with you. The reality is that there are millions of individual computers affected each year. And with new and sophisticated cyber attacks out there your entire computer can be infected within 2 seconds after making the wrong click.
Virus, trojan, spyware, adware, whichever the a method used the results tend to end up the same. Destructive viruses cause data file corruption, file damage and system failure. There have been world famous viruses known to have crashed millions of computers, or stealing confidential information from users.
A virus can be infectious from one computer to another through the exchange of files or email. Spyware gathers information about your computer and the things you do on it. Adware tracks user Internet surfing behavior and delivers buyer-specific information to marketers. The most common form of such materials are pop-up advertisements. Browser hijack is a common symptom of spyware and adware, it takes over your computer Internet browser and sets your homepage to an unfamiliar search page, delivers popup ads randomly, or shows you some “prizes” that you have “won”.
In any case, when a computer is affected it is critical to address the issue and remove the virus as soon as possible. Removing a virus, trojan horse, spyware and adware can be a very time-consuming and difficult task. It goes far beyond the knowledge of normal computer users and is important that it is done correctly or It may result in a loss of data. Many simply think that installing an antivirus software after a virus has already got into your computer will resolve any issues but this usually will not help.
To ensure that the virus does not spread to further files and that data can be recovered without further damage it is best to contact a professional who is familiar with virus removal and data recovery.
(Call Us Now or Submit Form Here)
Our team at IT Super Store is happy to help and can provide the following services:
- Manually remove virus, trojan, spyware and adware.
- Manually remove browser hijack, injected browser advertisements.
- General computer health check.
- Reinstall Windows and restore it to normal working order if necessary.
- Backup your important data where necessary.
- Install antivirus software if you haven’t got one (purchase of software is required).
If your computer has one of the following problems:
- Computer is running slower than it used to be, or
- Unwanted popup advertisements appearing on screen, or
- Computer crashes, or
- Blue screen of death errors, or
- Virus warning messages, or
- Computer stops responding often, or
- Computer cannot boot into Windows, or
- Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, FireFox) directs to unfamiliar pages that you don’t want to see, or
- Fraudulent antivirus, or anti-spyware software asking you to purchase, etc
Your computer may have virus, trojan, spyware or adware. Talk to one of our computer IT specialists today so you can start using your computer with a peace of mind.